I know it’s not even Thanksgiving, but I don’t think it’s too early to start planning for the many wonderful Christmas-y things the Portland area has to offer. The build-up to Christmas and the anticipation of Christmas Day is still something I look forward to as an adult.
Here’s a roundup of the events I hope to take my kids to this year (who am I kidding? We’ll be lucky to make it to two of these events, but here’s me hoping):
- Alpenrose Dairy’s Christmas in Dairyville (Free, Fridays-Sundays, 12/3 – 12/18)
- Christmas at Fort Vancouver ($5/adult, kids 15 and under free, 12/10, 10am – 3pm)
- The Christmas Ships Parade (Free, 12/2-12/18)
- Gingerbread Adventures at OMSI (Included with price of admission, 11/19-1/2)
- Holiday Express Train (Prices and dates vary, last train departs 12/18)
- Reindeer Magic at Dennis’ 7 Dees (Free, Friday-Sunday, 12/2-12/4 only)
- ZooLights at the Oregon Zoo (Price varies, every day except Christmas Eve and Christmas, 11/25-1/1)
Local readers, you’ll have an opportunity to win 4 tickets to ZooLights tomorrow!
What’s on your Christmas to-do list?