This year I’m ahead of the game and already bought my mom her Mother’s Day present. And then my husband asked me what I want and I couldn’t think of a single thing.
Except really, I’d love:
- A magic wand that when waved cleans my house, and I mean really cleans it: dusting, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing. It should sparkle it’s so clean.
- Two nights of uninterrupted sleep. Because let’s be honest, even if my husband is willing to feed the baby a bottle, I’m going to wake up anyway, so I may as well feed him so my supply doesn’t drop, right? Junior, you’re almost 7 months old. It’s time to sleep ALL NIGHT LONG.
- An actual spa day, with massage, facial and mani/pedi. Wishful thinking because I would never want my husband to spend that much money on me. I’d just feel guilty. Maybe when we win the lottery.
- A day off from breastfeeding. Pumping or feeding a baby every three hours is boring and really cramps my style. I want to go clothes shopping, but if I don’t time it exactly right, I either have to bring the baby or the pump because by the time I drive to the store, try on clothes and pay, it’s time to nurse/pump again. Shopping is not fun at all right now. And that’s saying a lot because I LOVE to shop. I would also like to 1) eat a leisurely meal with my girlfriends; 2) go see a movie in the theater; and 3) see spa day above.
- A stylist and new wardrobe.
- A weekend away – with my husband, with my girlfriends. I just need some time away from real life. But see: still breastfeeding.
- A week of not commuting to work, or a commute that doesn’t take at least an hour each way.