This week I posted a plea for help on Facebook to help me brainstorm easy weeknight meals because I’ve been making the same three dishes over and over again (butternut squash ravioli, mahi mahi/turkey/veggie burgers & frozen pizza). My friends rallied and gave me some awesome suggestions.
- Remember the wonder that is Mexican food: Burritos, tacos, haystacks or quesadillas (with black beans and bell peppers)
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Stir fry
- Soup – lentil, French onion, potato, etc. (My problem with soup is that I need recipes because whenever I eyeball ingredients, my soup turns into stew and there’s never enough broth.)
- Baked potatoes
- Beans and rice
- Spaghetti and frozen meatballs
- Breakfast for dinner (pancakes and waffles and omelets!)
- Tostada shell with hummus, fried egg, salsa and avocado (this sounds sooooooo good!)
- Spicy beans with coconut milk
My menu planning for the week: baked potatoes and broccoli salad; homemade pizza (Trader Joe’s pizza dough FTW!); tamales and Spanish rice; curry and naan; and takeout sushi. (Because let’s face it, I’m not cooking more than four times during the week!) Also, I found these two pasta dishes that I’m itching to try: spaghetti with parmesan, brown butter and pine nuts and one-pot lasagna.
What are your favorite easy weeknight meals? (Share them below, with recipes, please!)