An infant and no-napping 3yr old have put a slight damper on my Christmas plans. I had a whole list of things we were going to do this month, based on my lists of years past. (A Very Merry Portland Christmas from 2013 and Spreading Christmas Cheer Part 1 and 2 from 2012.) I even had a schedule planned out for each weekend. So far, we’ve only made it to ZooLights at the Oregon Zoo and visited Santa and his reindeer. This weekend we have plans to decorate a gingerbread house and go on the Polar Express.
My aspirational list also includes:
- Alpenrose Dairy’s Christmas in Dairyville (free, Fridays-Sundays through December 21)
- Christmas at Fort Vancouver ($3 for adults, kids free, December 13)
- Christmas Ships Parade (free, dates vary through December)
- Festival of Lights at The Grotto ($10 for adults, $5 for kids over 3)
- Journey to Bethlehem (free, December 11-14)
- Pittock Mansion tour ($10.50 for adults, $7.50 for kids over 6)
And someday, maybe even next year, I’m taking Future President to see The Nutcracker.