If you’re looking for the perfect summer dessert, look no further than chocolate mint ice cream pie. Here’s a similar recipe with a picture if you’re interested.
I don’t have a picture of this delicious dessert because it was devoured before I remembered to get my camera. Seriously, it’s THAT good. Special thanks to my sister-in-law for making it for a party we threw on Saturday and for making it for my birthday a few years ago.
3 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 oz butter
2 oz rice cereal
4 c mint chocolate chip ice cream* (I recommend the Tillamook brand!)
chocolate curls, to decorate
1. Line 9 in pie tin with foil
2. Melt chocolate chip with butter, then stir in cereal
3. Press mixture over base and sides of pie tin and chill until completely hard
4. Remove base from pie tin, peel off foil and return base to pie tin
5. Remove ice cream from freezer and let soften for 10 minutes
6. Spread ice cream evenly over cereal base and freeze until firm
7. Scatter chocolate curls over ice cream just before serving
*If you’re ambitious like my sister-in-law, you will also make homemade mint ice cream.