Thanks to Disaster Kitchen, I found a way to do a year in review without thinking too much, since my brain is on vacation.
2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
3) Did you travel?
To Maine in January, to Ashland twice for the Shakespeare festival, to Walla Walla for Nicole’s wedding, to Philadelphia for a job interview, and to Salt Lake City for both a job interview and a permanent move.
4) Did you lose someone or something you love?
Yes: my grandparents.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
If outpatient procedures count, then yes.
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
I called the cops to report a domestic disturbance at my apartment complex. And I talk to sheriff’s deputies every day at work. Most of them are hilarious. Today I had to explain what usury meant to two of the men in uniform.
7) Did you start dating someone new?
8) What did you purchase that was over $1000?
A car. A graduate school education.
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
Yes, my cousin Nicole.
10) Did you get in any car accidents?
No. But I’m still recovering from the Great Eight Car Pileup of 1999.
11) Did you attend any sporting events?
Yes, a couple of Mariners games in Seattle.
12) Did you move anywhere?
Yes. I am really sick of moving. I really thought I would be in Seattle longer.
13) Did you keep your new year’s resolution?
I don’t think I made any. This year won’t be any different. I would just disappoint myself.
14) What concerts/shows did you go to?
15) What movies did you go see in the theater?
Twilight. Incredibly, I think I really did only see one movie in the theater. When I was still in school, we had a Netflix subscription, so I got to see lots of good movies at home.
16) Did your hair color change?
If I can count three or four white hairs, then yes.
17) Did you get any taller?
No. I wish…
18) Describe your birthday?
I was in Portland for my DFW, and flew to Philly the next day. I honestly can’t remember what I did the day of, but Jill treated me to Chinese food in Philly.
19) Did you get any new pets?
20) What has been your favorite moment?
Becoming a librarian!
21) What’s something you learned about yourself?
I can live alone, even if it means talking to myself and watching way too much TV.
22) What has been your biggest worry?
Hoping that G would find a job in Utah for the summer. And he did!
23) What was your best month?
December, because it was great to hang out with family and spend time with G.
24) What music will you remember 2008 by?
Chris Sligh’s “Empty Me”
26) Have you had to call the police on anyone?
Yes, see above, #6.
27) Have you gone skiing?
No. I’m waiting for G to give me a refresher lesson.
28) Did you miss work due to illness?
29) Any like/love interests?
Of course! G will always be my love interest.
30) Get anything new?
A new job, a new apartment, a new car, new clothes, new friends, and a Wii!