1) My car wouldn’t start yesterday, even with a jump, so today it was towed to the mechanic. The problem is that they can’t replicate the problem and it started just fine for them, so tomorrow it’s back in our care. I just hope it doesn’t happen again at work.
2) Out garage door broke a month ago and we finally got it repaired yesterday. It cost so much money for a 5-minute repair job that I briefly wondered (again) if I had made the wrong career decision.
3) A slept through the night in his own bed last night. A true miracle. Too bad I woke up 45 minutes before my 5:09am alarm and couldn’t go back to sleep.
4) A’s birthday party is tomorrow. My house isn’t clean and presents aren’t wrapped yet, but it’s been a long week, which is why we’re just having pizza and cupcakes from a bakery at the party. And by we I mean everyone else. I’ll make baked tofu and a salad.
5) Today I surpassed the 20 pound mark of my weight loss journey. Truly remarkable, and from what I’ve read, the amount of weight loss that other people start noticing a change. I can feel it in my clothes, but I’m not ready to buy anything new yet. I still have many pounds left to reach my goal weight.
6) Have you heard about the book Never Unfriended? I’m thinking about starting a Friday night book club with some friends so I can discuss it with someone. But then I think about how the last thing I want to do on a Friday night is clean my house and wear anything but pjs, so that plan doesn’t really work. But it’s a thought. I just feel really disconnected from friends, both old and new.
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.